“I find Dean & Provost
to be indispensable reading for tracking what's happening in today's rapidly changing world of colleges and universities. The special reports are always light-years ahead of other higher education publications in terms of keying into trends and patterns that are only just emerging. Dean & Provost is a radar screen and time machine all rolled up into one publication!”
– Ronald J. Chenail, Ph.D.,, assistant to the president for academic affairs,
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Fla
Your one-stop source for the latest news, legal developments, and specific strategies you can use right away to address:
- The budget crunch
- Veterans returning to college
- Faculty training
- FERPA compliance
- Students with psychological disabilities
- Crisis management
- Interdepartmental collaboration
- And much more!
Dean & Provost gives you a new perspective on the complex issues arising from your diverse responsibilities. You learn your colleagues’ tried-and-proven solutions to the same problems you face—saving you valuable time spent searching for all the answers.
Dean & Provost’s featured columns wrap up the latest trends and significant developments affecting how you manage your institution. Including:
- Lawsuits & Rulings—Alerts you to court cases and OCR complaints brought by students, parents, and faculty—so you can avoid the mistakes that landed other institutions in legal hot water.
- Focus on Leadership—Gives you the chance to get to know your colleagues, learn their personal challenges and leadership philosophies, and discover programs that have been successful on their campuses.
- Executive Management—Teaches you strategies to handle your daily challenges, such as managing your time, dealing with stress, fostering interdepartmental communication, and ensuring your policies are legally sound.
- What Would You Do?—Presents case studies of common scenarios encountered by campus leaders, with solutions offered by your colleagues.
- News Briefings/Resources—the latest research and other news that could impact your institution, plus keeps you informed of critical resources available.
- The Advisory Board Speaks—Board members offer advice on critical topics, such as leading your unit through the recession, making dean/provost relationships work, and preparing for the possibility of campus violence.
- Faculty/staff development—You'll learn what has worked at other institutions to engage and energize faculty and staff members.
- Community Colleges—Covers key topics such as innovative degree programs, strategic planning initiatives, and student support strategies successfully used by two-year institutions.